Monday, June 20, 2011

# 12: Learn how to really dance

Or- "I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it"

Ok, this is a hard one to explain.  I can easily move to the beat of any song.  I look and feel comfortable dancing.  I can even Dougie.  But for my entire life, I've been obssesed with dance movies, from Jailhouse Rock to West Side Story to Step Up 1,2, and 3 (Don't judge me!!).  As a kid, and admittedly an adult, I'd put on MTV and BET and dance along with the videos.  Hell, my younger sisters still do it too.  And I think my love affair with all things dance and dance related needs to see the light of day.  I already dance like nobody's watching.  Now I need to learn how to dance like I have a clue about what I'm doing.

Now you may think my love of dance only extends to modern gyrations.  And although I do love gettin' down, I think it's important that I learn the classics too.  I want to salsa, merengue, waltz, swing, and cha cha with the best of them.  Or at least the best at the beginner 101 classes that I intend to take.  And yes, I intend to throw some hip hop, jazz, and maybe even some roller dance classes into the mix too. 

First up, I'm going to test out a class based soley on moves inspired by the King of Pop.  I mean, c'mon.  If I can moonwalk, I can do ANYTHING, right?



So, (in my Jerry Maguire voice) Who's coming with me?!?!
Love,
Ruth





Michael Jackson still via Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment